|PHP Programming with PEAR|
- Carsten Lucke
- Stephan Schmidt
- Stoyan Stefanov
- Aaron Wormus
PEAR is the PHP Extension and Application Repository, and is a framework and distribution system for reusable, high-quality PHP components, available in the form of "packages".
In this book, you will learn how to use a number of the most powerful PEAR packages available to boost your PHP development productivity. By focusing on these packages for key development activities, this book is an in-depth guide to getting the most from these powerful coding resources.
You will become a master of various PEAR packages that help you with the essential tasks of PHP development such as:
- Accessing databases with MDB2
- Displaying data in a range of formats (HTML, Excel spreadsheet, PDF)
- Creating and parsing XML documents
- Serializing PHP objects into XML, and unserializing XML documents to PHP objects
- Consuming and offering web services
- Accessing Web APIs including Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and Technorati
- Working with the Date, Calendar and Date_Holidays packages